The Primary Consumer's Creations

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Buckwheat Apple Muffins

I've had this idea in my head for a while now, and today I decided to make these because I wanted to use up some apple cider. I really liked these muffins, which are wheat free and lightly sweetened. I tend to not use a lot of sweetener, but if you want you can fool with the amount of sweetener. These would be delicious spread with almond butter and served along side a cup of steaming hot or ice cold tea. Enjoy!




Buckwheat Apple Muffins

Dry ingredients:
2 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Wet ingredients:
2 cups apple cider
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp safflower oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil 12 muffin cups. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients until well mixed.
In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and divide evenly between the muffin cups.
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

3 Comments:

  • I do like this recipe, as I prefer gluten-low food. Very original muffins.

    By Blogger Virginie, at 6:07 PM  

  • You changed your blog name! This buckwheat muffin is an interesting creation. I'll add this addy to my blog read list.

    By Blogger Dori, at 8:27 AM  

  • this is amazing. i love muffins. my boyfriend hates buckwheat but luckily he's going out of town this weekend. i can't wait to get baking!!!

    By Blogger Linda, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home